Commission for Culture, Arts & Heritage
The Commission for Culture, Arts, and Heritage serves as advocates in promoting public awareness of culture, arts, and heritage in the greater Canton community. This commission’s members are a very dedicated group of volunteers who are striving to encourage high quality programs for the culture, arts, and heritage that are accessible to all. Programs include, but are not limited to, visual arts, drama, music, dance, historical heritage, and humanities.
Through the implementation of its Strategic Plan, adopted in 2004, this commission has established numerous active sub-committees to sponsor various community projects, which embrace all aspects of culture, arts, and heritage. Canton has a rich history that we are careful to preserve and obligated to honor. In Canton, we look to where we came from to help shape the community we know today, and to guide our growing community into the future.
For more information, please email the Commission for Culture, Arts and Heritage.
- Held quarterly at 6 pm
- Administration Building, lower level
- 2023 Meeting Dates
Date Time Location Thursday, February 9, 2023 6:00PM Lower Level Room E Thursday, May 11, 2023 6:00PM Lower Level Room E Thursday, August 10, 2023 6:00PM Lower Level Room E Thursday, November 9, 2023 6:00PM Lower Level Room E
AGENDAS AND MINUTES
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Kira Macyda - Chair
- Hasina Abdu - Vice Chair
- Samar Sakakini- Immediate First Chairperson
- Tania Ganguly - Township Board rep
- Thomas Paden - Canton Chamber of Commerce rep
- Nick Brandon - Plymouth-Canton Community Schools rep
- Gregg King - Historical Society rep
- Kevin Ryan - Partnership for the Arts rep
- Neha Rao
- Jaspreet Gill
- Vivek Chavan
- Rose Harrell
- Mirada Jenkins Carter
CANTON TOWNSHIP STAFF
- Greg Hohenberger, Leisure Services Director
- Jon LaFever, Leisure Services Deputy Director
- Benjamin Frick, Performance Arts Coordinator
- Jessica Bunjik, Leisure Services Executive Assistant, Meeting Recorder
- Laura Mortier, Leisure Services Recreation Supervisor