Water and Sewer Rates
Water and Sewer Rates Effective May 1, 2018:
- $6.11 per 1,000 gallons: water consumption rate
- $5.80 per 1,000 gallons: sewage disposal rate
- $11.91 per 1,000 gallons of water used (combined rate)
- Water: $11.40
- Sewer w/sump $7.53
- Sewer w/o sump $23.40
New Changes are Coming in 2019
"eUtilities" is a new site to view the following features:
- Account Summary
- View Bills
- Water and Sewer Consumption Analysis
- Account History
- Link to pay your water bill that will re-route you to our website
- Sign-up and register!
Bi-Monthly billing is coming soon - May 2019. Please read the message board on your water bill and look for additional inserts that may be included with your bill for information on bi-monthly billing.
Odd / Even Voluntary Outdoor Water RestrictionsTo help reduce future water rate increases, Canton is asking all customers to comply with our odd / even voluntary outdoor water restrictions. By following these voluntary restrictions, we can cooperatively help reduce water use during peak demand periods and help reduce future rate increases. The restrictions are as follows:
- If your address ends in an odd number, irrigation should only be done on odd numbered days.
- If you have an even numbered address, irrigation should be done on even numbered days.
- Canton residents should irrigate between the hours of midnight and 6 am.
Delinquent Water Accounts
Customer's who fail to pay, or make arrangements for a payment plan within 7 - 10 calendar days following the due date of their water bill, will be notified in writing. A short extension period will be indicated on the notice; failure to pay following the delinquent notice, will result in termination of service.
- If water service isn't available for more than 24 hours, the house cannot be occupied in accordance to Township Ordinance 78-165.
- Water will not be shut off during the months of December 1 through March 31.
- Water will not be shut off over a weekend, or over a holiday.
- Payments must be paid in full with guaranteed funds (money order, cash, credit cards) before the water will be turned on.
- A charge of $70 for the involuntary disconnection will be added to the account. A re-connection charge of $45 will be added to the account.
- 48 hours in advance
- $20 service fee
- Call 734/394-5240 to schedule
For more information on Canton's water and sewer charges, please call Water Billing at 734/394-5240.