Turkey Trot 5K
2019 TURKEY TROT
Registration for the 17th Annual Thanksgiving Day Run/Walk to benefit the Epilepsy Foundation of Michigan will begin online August 14, 2019 at 5 pm. The race will take place on November 28, 2019 and is set to start at the Summit on the Park, located at 46000 Summit Parkway, Canton MI. The 1 mile walk will begin at 9 am and the 5K at 9:30 am. The race will conclude with refreshments and run awards. Register by November 8 to guarantee receiving a race Race Shirt; MORE INFO: 734/483-5600
Turkey Trot Registration: Online Registration is Closed.
In-person Registration: available at packet pick-up at the Summit on the Park Wednesday, November 27 3-6 pm or Thursday, November 28 8-9 am. Opens a New Window.
Extra race Shirts may be available on a first come, first serve during Pre-Race Pick Up. Gazelle Sports will host Bib/Shirt pick-up at the Northville Store (39737 Traditions Dr. Northville, MI 48168) on November 22-24 during store hours. The Summit will also host pre-race day pick-up on November 27 from 3 to 6 p.m. at the Summit.
Location: Summit on the Park, 46000 Summit Parkway, Canton MI 48188
All proceeds benefit the Epilepsy Foundation of Michigan. The Epilepsy Foundation of Michigan is dedicated to empowering individuals with seizure management tools. We invite you to take a look at how our programs and services demonstrate that commitment. Your participation in last year's event helped to raise over $14,000 for the Epilepsy Foundation of Michigan.
Interested in becoming a Sponsor? Area businesses and corporations are encouraged to click the following link to learn about different levels of support, as well as in-kind and financial sponsorship opportunities.
- Sponsorship Opportunities (PDF). Learn more by calling 734/483-5600. Opens a New Window.
2020 Online registration dates TBA. Onsite registration will be accepted during packet pick-up times (date TBA).
- Online Registration date TBA; online donations also accepted
- In Person Registration date TBA: available at the Summit on the Park and Canton Sports Center
This year's race starts at the Summit on the Park and loops through the surrounding neighborhood, golf course and park. The closest parking lots include the Summit on the Park east/west lots, the Pheasant Run Golf Club and Canton Public Library.
- 1 Mile Race: 9 am Start on the north side of the Summit on the Park Ballroom
- 5K Race: 9:30 am Start west parking lot of the Summit on the Park. We ask that runners line up in-front and walkers toward the back. Strollers are permitted on the course but should start in the back. Pets are not permitted on the course (Service Dogs are allowed).
- Course Signage: Cones will be used for straight portions of the course, while flags and signs will indicate major turns.
- Turkey Trot 5K Course Map and Parking Opens in New Window
- Summit East parking lot - building entrance will be open
- Summit Main parking lot
- Summit/Pheasant Run overflow (grass lot)
- Pheasant Run parking lot
Timing and Results
The 5K race will be chip timed with a mat at the start and at the finish line. This means that your time starts when you cross the starting line mat.
This year’s RACE RAFFLE will be drawn from all registered runners by the Monday before race day. PRIZE PICK-UP will be available at Bib pick up on Wednesday thru 15 minutes prior to the start of the race on Thanksgiving morning. ANY unclaimed prizes will be randomly distributed at the Race Finish Line.
Overall Race Winner, as well as, awards for 1st place Male and Female racers will be crowned in the following categories: 14 and under, 15 to 19, 20 to 29, 30 to 39, 40 to 49, 50 to 59, 60 to 69, 70 and up. Prizes to be announced.
Pre/Post Event Information
- 2020 Dates TBA: Gazelle Sports located at 39737 Traditions, Northville, MI 48168
- 2020 Dates TBA: Summit Grand Ballroom located at 46000 Summit Parkway, Canton, 48188 from 3-6 pm
- November 26, 2020: Thanksgiving morning at 8 am in the Maple/Oak Room. T-shirt guarantee is for runners/walkers who registered by Thursday, November 8.
POST RACE EVENTS
After the race stick around to enjoy music, snacks and refreshments.
Health and Safety
If inclement Weather prohibits the race from starting at 9:30 am, the race will be delayed until it has cleared the area. Participants will be asked to seek shelter in the Summit on the Park.
HEALTH AND SAFETY INFORMATION
It is important to stay safe, hydrated and warm during outdoor fall events. Water stations will be placed along the course. Please wear proper clothing and footwear for this outdoor walk/run. If at any time you need medical assistance, please let any staff member or volunteer know. Public Safety will be present at the event to assist with any emergencies.
Questions About the Event
Please contact the Canton Sports Center Staff for more information related to the Turkey Trot.
- Prior to the race: 734/483-5600
- Race day: 734/394-5460