Canton is committed to helping contain the spread of COVID-19. For this reason, the following programs and events have been canceled or postponed:
• Canton Sport Center leagues and programs, including adult softball, have been postponed until May 26.
• Recreation-based classes and the start of Canton Summer Camp programs have been postponed and tentatively may resume the week of July 6.
In addition, the following community events have been canceled or postponed:
• Liberty Fest, scheduled from June 18-20, is canceled, as well as all special events through June 30.
• DDA Shred Event, scheduled for May 8 has been rescheduled for Saturday, August 22, 8:30-10:30 a.m. in the IKEA parking lot
• Senior Summit, scheduled for May 13 has been postponed until fall.
• River Day, scheduled for Saturday, May 16 has been canceled.
• Pheasant Run Golf Club’s and Fellows Creek Golf Club’s opening dates will follow Michigan Executive Orders.
• Canton Farmers Market’s opening day, originally scheduled for Sunday, May 10, will be postponed until further notice.
• The opening of the Canton Community Gardens has been postponed until further notice.
• Thursday Night LIVE! Concert Series’ first concert, scheduled for June 25, has been postponed.
• The B.L.O.C.K., as well as affiliated programs and services, are suspended through June 30.
• Summit on the Park swim lessons have been canceled through June 14.
• Summit on the Park memberships, including Kids’ Corner, will be suspended until further notice.
• Summit on the Park registered fitness classes have been suspended through June 20.
• Canton Club 55+ classes, events, and programs have been suspended through June 30.
• All activities held at the Village Theater have been canceled until further notice.
Please note: Individuals registered for a class, program, facility rental, or camp that was scheduled to be held now through July 3, but has been canceled or suspended will automatically be refunded.
All parks and trails remain open. Playgrounds and park restrooms are closed until further notice. Canton urges all park users to follow proper CDC protocol and recommended social distancing guidelines. For more information, visit www.cantonfun.org or www.canton-mi.org/COVID19.