The Canton Public Safety Department would like to inform the public that the Summit on the Park located at 46000 Summit Parkway and the Canton Public Library will be open as Warming Centers.
Hours: Canton Public Library
1200 Canton Center Rd.
Hours: Monday thru Thursday, 9am – 9pm
Friday and Saturday, 9am – 6pm
Sunday, 12pm – 6pm
Summit on the Parkway
46000 Summit Parkway
Hours: Monday thru Friday, 5:30am – 10pm
Saturday 6am – 8pm
Sunday 7am – 8 pm
To prepare for severe winter weather, please follow these recommendations:
• Keep a flashlight,a NOAA weather radio and a portable radio on hand along with extra batteries.
• Store extra food (canned or dried food is best), can opener, and bottled water (at least 3 gallons per person).
• Make sure each member of household has a warm coat, gloves, hat and water-resistant boots.
• Ensure that extra blankets and heavy clothes are available.
• Keep on hand items for infant, elderly or disabled family members.
• Be aware of potential fire and carbon monoxide hazards if you plan to use an emergency heating source such as a fireplace, wood stove or space heater.
• Don’t forget your pets – be sure to have suitable shelter with food and water when outdoors.
• Be careful and avoid overexertion such as shoveling heavy snow, pushing cars or walking in
• Walk carefully on snow and ice covered surfaces.
• Wear loose fitting, lightweight, layered clothing with a waterproof outer layer. Don’t forget a hat a gloves.
• Understand the hazards of wind chill.
• Have your vehicle winterized – have a mechanic check the antifreeze, tires, belts, hoses, battery etc.
• Keep extra windshield washer fluid in your vehicle.
• Try to keep you fuel tank near full - gas stations may be closed during severe weather.
• Have an emergency supply kit in your trunk. Include -flares, water, energy bars/nonperishable foods, blanket, shovel, jumper cables, maps, etc).
For more information contact Canton’s Emergency Management Office, at 734-394-5357, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visits their website at www.cantonpublicsafey.org.