Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
In consideration of being permitted to participate in the Canton Township Softball Team Program, I hereby understand, acknowledge and agree to the following:
I acknowledge that I have voluntarily chosen to participate in the Canton Township Softball Team Program, and I fully understand and acknowledge the risks this activity presents, including serious injury up to and including death.
I hereby acknowledge that by being permitted to participate in the Softball Team Program, I am agreeing to assume any and all risk of any injury or death. I further understand and acknowledge that certain actions that are part of playing softball, including sliding, diving, batting, and other similar actions, are inherently dangerous and may result in injury to myself or others, and that Canton Township shall not be held liable for any injuries that may result from my participation in team softball, including those caused by the negligence of other participants. I further agree to assume responsibility for risk of theft, loss, or damage to my personal property, which may occur at any time during my participation in the Softball Team Program.
I understand and agree as a condition of my participation in this activity, I hereby release from liability, hold harmless and indemnify the Charter Township of Canton, its elected and appointed officials, employees, agents and volunteers, and anyone acting on behalf of its elected and appointed officials, employees, agents and volunteers, for any damage, injury, or death to myself or any other persons or property, in any way connected with my participation in the Softball Team Program.
I further acknowledge that I have read and understand the Canton Leisure Services Code of Conduct, and hereby agree to conduct myself in accordance with that policy. I understand that violation of the Code of Conduct has specific penalties described therein, up to and including being banned from Canton Township facilities and programs.
I have carefully read this agreement and fully understand all of its terms and conditions. I understand this release of liability has specific legal consequences which could prevent me from filing a lawsuit or making any other claim for damages in the event of my death or injury. With this knowledge, I am entering into this agreement fully and voluntarily. I agree the agreement is binding upon me, my spouse, my heirs, my children, including any guardian ad litem for the children, my assignees, and legal representatives.
I acknowledge that I have read this entire Waiver and Release of Liability Form, and have been provided with all necessary information, and I agree with the terms and conditions contained herein. Canton Township does not provide insurance coverage for Leisure Services program participants for injuries occurring while participating in play or practice. Any injury claim must be filed with my own insurance.
By selecting 'I AGREE'', You acknowledge you have read the attached Waiver and Release of Liability Form, and further that you fully understand its terms. You affirm you are voluntarily participating in this Canton Leisure Services program, and further acknowledge you know, understand, and appreciate the inherent risks associated with the sport of softball. You assume full responsibility for any and all injuries or damages that may occur to you as a result of the inherent risks associated with softball.
By checking "yes", I certify that the information contained in this application is accurate.
Enter Your Full Name
ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY FOR COMMUNICABLE DISEASES INCLUDING CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people. Participation in sports or other athletic programs may not allow for proper social distancing measures and practices. Canton Township cannot and does not guarantee that you will not become infected with COVID-19.
In consideration of being allowed to participate in sports league, athletic program and related events and activities on Canton Township owned property, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
1. By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to, or infected by COVID-19 by attending and/or participating in sporting leagues or related activities and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families.
2. I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to myself including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death, illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I may experience or incur in connection with my participation.
3. On my behalf, I hereby release and hold harmless, covenant not to sue, discharge, and agree to indemnify Canton Township, its elected and appointed officials, employees, agents, and representatives, from any claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, including but not limited to those related to COVID-19, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE TOWNSHIP OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
4. I willingly agree to comply with customary and stated protocols to protect against infectious diseases, including COVID-19. If, however, I observe any unusual or significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IF FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field